- Our Spanish school is not responsible for academic changes, loss of personal belongings, theft or damage during the Spanish course at our centre.
- The minimum age of the students is 18 years, although this figure may be reduced as long as a signed parental justification is delivered or the student is accompanied by a tutor (of legal age).
- Our school is not responsible for any additional charges by the agencies with which we collaborate.
The start of the course may be postponed at the request of the student without any additional cost if the student inform the school at least 4 weeks before the initial start date. If he/she doesn’t, the student can still postpone the course but the school will charge hm/her with a 25% of the course fee
- The start of the course may be postponed at the request of the student without any additional cost. Students can postpone the course by informing the school at least one week before the initial start date.
- Once the course has begun, it cannot be cancelled.
- Once the course has started, students cannot exchange the booked course for a fewer hours course. That is only possible when students inform the school at least a week before the beginning of the course.
- The money will not be returned once the course has started.
- The booked hours are non-transferable; therefore they cannot be assigned or sold to another person.
- Students will not be able to postpone their course once it has started and the dates cannot be modified if the course has started.
- If the number of students in a group is less than 4 people, the class hours will be halved (from 4 hours per day to 2 hours per day and from 2 hours per day to 1 hour), as classes with less than 4 people are considered private classes.
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
1. Booking and payment of the course
To be able to book the course, it is necessary to leave a reservation signal of 25% for courses that start within 30
days or more and 50% for courses that start in 30 days or less. If the student needs a visa, it is necessary to pay the
full price of the course in order for the school to issue the corresponding documents of the students acceptance
in the school.
The rest of the amount must be paid, at the latest, by the first day of course, before the beginning of the lessons. The
school reserves the right to cancel the booking for non-payment.
2. Cancellations for students without a visa
If the student who does not need a visa cancels the course, the school will apply the following charges depending on
the time remaining before the start date of the course:
2.1 Students who cancel their course 30 days or more in advance of the start date of the course, will be charge 25% of the total price of the course.
2.2 If the cancellation is made between 30 and 7 days before the start date of the course, 50% of the total Price of the course will be charged.
2.3 Those students who cancel their course between 7 and 0 days before the start date will be charged 100% of the price of the course.
If the refund generates bank costs for transfers and / or currency exchange, these costs will be deducted from the total to
3. Cancellations for students with a visa
If the student who needs a visa cancels his/her course, the school will retain the following amounts depending on
3.1 In case the visa is denied, the school will refund the price of the course minus the bank costs for transfer and/or currency exchanges and management expenses. These costs will be charged to the student.
3.2 For the refund the school will request the student the official document that certifies the visa denial via e-mail, fax or letter. If the student does not provide this document, the school will not make any refund and will retain the entire amount paid.
The school can request the student to appeal the negative resolution. In this case, the school will help the student
with the procedure. If, after the handing over of the appeal, the decision remains unfavourable, the school will refund
the previous amount.
3.3 In the event that the visa application has been favourable, none of the amounts will be returned. However, if the student does not comply with their obligation to attend the course, the school will be obliged to inform the corresponding authorities.
Our school works only as a mediator between the students and the owners of flats / accommodation companies in order to help them to find a lodging. Our sole role is that of depositary of the payment made by the students; the paid amount will be delivered to the flats owners or to lodging companies. Therefore, the school is not responsible for any dissatisfaction related to the accommodation. However, if the student is not satisfied with the accommodation, our school, fulfilling its task as an intermediary, will help him/her search for another accommodation.
ORGANIZATION OF CLASSES
- Students at El Rincón del Tándem, with the exception of Spanish beginners, must do a previous pre-level test which will be sent via email.
- The groups are formed depending on the level of Spanish of the students, without any restriction by age, sex or nationality.
- Students have the obligation to attend classes, to contact us in case of absence and to respect other students, teachers and staff. The school reserves the right to cancel the course without any economic refund in case the student has an inappropriate behaviour.
- At El Rincón del Tándem one hour of lesson is equivalent to 55 minutes.
- The minimum number of students per class is 4 and the maximum is 8. El Rincón del Tándem reserves the right to increase the maximum number of students per class if necessary.
- The school reserves the right to change the structure of the course as well as the timetable if necessary.
- The school reserves the right to change the individual program of the student according to his/her level and learning needs to make him/her progress.
- For organizational reasons, the school can replace a teacher by another equally qualified and skilled teacher.
- El Rincón del Tándem reserves the right to not create a group if there are not enough students.
- It is possible that the school remains closed for local and national holidays. In this case it is not possible to recover these lessons on other dates, therefore the content of these classes will be taught in the following lessons. The days in which the school will be closed will be announced on the official school website, on the official Facebook page and on the bulletin board of the school itself.
- In case the school organizes activities during regular school hours, this time cannot be made up as it considered part of the lesson.
- Students that cannot attend one class day or more have to inform the secretary and the teacher at least 1 working day (24h) in advance by e-mail (if they cannot attend on Monday they have to inform by Friday, 19.30). If they do not do that or inform the secretary on the same day, they cannot make up the missing lesson.
- For Spanish courses from 1 to 2 weeks, it is possible to recover 1 DAY
- For PART-TIME courses from 1 to 2 weeks, it possible to recover 0 DAY
- For Spanish courses from 3 to 4 weeks, it is possible to recover 2 DAYS
- For PART-TIME courses from 3 to 4 weeks, it possible to recover 1 DAY
- For Spanish courses from 5 to 7 weeks, it is possible to recover 4 DAYS
- For PART-TIME courses from 5 to 7 weeks, it possible to recover 2 DAYS
- For Spanish courses from 8 to 10 weeks, it is possible to recover 8 DAYS
- For PART-TIME courses from 8 to 10 weeks, it possible to recover 4 DAY
- For Spanish courses from 11 to 16 weeks, it is possible to recover 10 DAYS
- For PART-TIME courses from 11 to 16 weeks, it possible to recover 6 DAYS
- For Spanish courses from 17 to 19 weeks, it is possible to recover 12 DAYS
- For PART-TIME courses from 17 to 19 weeks, it possible to recover 8 DAYS
- For Spanish courses from 20 to 32 weeks it is possible to recover 15 DAYS
- For PART-TIME courses from 20 to 32 weeks, it possible to recover 10 DAYS
- For Spanish courses from 33 to 35 weeks, it is possible to recover 20 DAYS
- For PART-TIME courses from 33 to 35 weeks, it possible to recover 14 DAYS
- For Spanish courses from 36 to 52 weeks, it is possible to recover 25 DAYS
- For PART-TIME courses from 36 to 52 weeks, it possible to recover 18 DAYS
- Partially or fully reproducing study materials (books, photocopies or CD’s) of the school is forbidden by copyright law.
The prices of courses and individual classes are formed based on the number of hours paid at one time. If the
student wants to buy more hours, it will be counted as a new course. You cannot add the hours of the previous
course to the hours of the new one to get a better price.
– Students cannot enter 20 minutes after the lesson has started.
– Students cannot eat in classroom.
– Exchange of group classes for private lessons
– A group lesson cannot be exchanged for individual lesson on students’ request.
– If the minimum number of students to organize a new group is not reached, the school reserves the right to exchange your group course for private lessons by reducing the booked hours by a half.
– At El Rincón del Tándem Spanish school 1 hour class is equal to 60 minutes
– Private lesson can be attended by 1 up to 3 persons at a time
– Class schedule and contents are flexible as the program is personalized and designed according to the student’s needs
– The students will plan all his/her lessons at the time of enrollment. Any change will occur accordingly to teacher’s and space availability and must be requested at the Secretary office.
– Private lessons can be atttended during a max of 6 weeks. Student must attend their lesson within this timeframe, After 6 weeks student will lose their lessons.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND MAKING UP FOR MISSED PRIVATE LESSONS
- The student must plan all his/her classes at the time of enrollment. Any change will occur accordingly to teacher’s and space availability and must be requested at the Secretary office.
- Cancellations must be notified to the school minimum 1 working day in advance, except for classes that are held on Monday, which must be cancelled by the preceding Friday, before 7: 00 pm. We ask that all changes must be notified to the school via phone, e-mail or in person at the Secretary office. Non-attendance without prior notice will be considered as cancellation.
- If a student is late, the lost time cannot be made up for. If the delay is more than 20 minutes, the teacher would not have the obligation to wait to start the lesson. In this case the class would be considered as cancelled.
- At the end of the course, the student can request a certificate of attendance, which details the number of hours
of the course, the total hours of study and the level that the student has reached. To obtain this certificate, the
student must have attended at least a 80% of the classes. To receive a certificate of attendance the student must
contact the Secretary office 24 hours in advance.
- The certificate will be issued for free by the school
- To receive the certificate of attendance the student has to contact the Secretary office at least 24h in advance
- If the student who needs to extend his/her visa has not attended 80% of the hours of the previous course, the
remaining hours cannot be counted as part of the new course or be recovered throughout the new course.
Payment at school will be made in cash or by credit/debit card.
With the acceptance of “Terms and Conditions” the student gives his/her consent to the use of his/her image on the website and social networks of El Rincón del Tándem for the purpose of dissemination and promotion of the school. In case that you do not accept it or want to withdraw your consent afterwards, you can do it by informing the school by e-mail.