What if you are at home and want to continue studying Spanish? Our Spanish school El Rincón del Tándem have given you many tips to continue your Spanish studies at home.
In our previous post we have recommended watching series on Netflix, reading books in Spanish, watching movies … All these activities are really useful to help you increase your vocabulary and understanding.
But what if what you want is to reinforce what you already know? How can you consolidate your knowledge of Spanish language?
In many cases, after learning new Spanish words or Spanish verbs conjugations, we need some time to memorize everything. Therefore, here below we provide some tips to make this task easier and more effective:
1. First of all, as soon as you learn a new word, we suggest you to use it in a sentence.
Ideally, you should make a simple sentence that is easy to remember or that you can use frequently. It is highly recommended that you write these sentences even in class, when the new Spanish words are still fresh in your mind.
2. Another method that helps many students of the Spanish course is to make a list. Split Spanish words and verbs vocabulary into categories.
For example, if we are learning the vocabulary related to “he house” or “the fruit” or “the jobs”, we can combine nouns + verbs + adjectives, thus creating meaningful sentences that help us associate these three grammar elements. Also, we can play with the verb tenses by rewriting the same sentence using all the different verbal forms that we know.
3. Another strategy that our Spanish students use a lot is making cards. They are usually cards with the present, past or future / conditional of irregular verbs. B1 level students usually make cards with the cases where the subjunctive is used.
4. A more creative option than cards, is creating a “verb wheel”. Some publishers include it in their Spanish grammar books. A “verb dice” is also a fun game to practice.
5. Finally, if you are into new technologies, there is a broad range of apps to learn Spanish. Among all these apps, we highly recommend Quizlet. “Quizlet” is an application that allows you to create your own cards and practice vocabulary or verbs, with games like “Memory”.
Our Spanish school El Rincón del Tándem hopes that these tips to continue your Spanish studies at home will be helpful.
Finally, we remind you that we continue to teach Spanish online. If you want to know more, about our online Spanish classes, don’t hesitate to contact us